Subject: Re: "New" LW bug in 4.0 A
From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Garramuno)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 15:56:16 -0800

J<> I think I found another bug in LW 4.0 Amiga (with my Flyer, at least).  
J<> It happens when I use a preview as the Layout Background.
J<> 
J<> Basically, after you do ANYTHING that would required the 3D view to be 
J<> redrawn, Layout redraws TWICE, and clears the 3D view in between 
J<> redraws.  This causes an annoying strobe effect that can give you a real 
J<> headache after a few minutes.

I checked the stand-alone version and the bug is also there.  However, I
believe the problem is that Layout redraws the preview EVERY time you move
anything (not really TWICE), clearing the screen between redrawals.  This
bug could have been present before (in 3.5), but since LW was several
times faster, the strobe effect was not so noticeable.  But it IS a bug (If
you use a BG image as preview, the problem is not present).

J<> Also, it seems that Layout leaves a blank border on the right of the 
J<> preivew, and tries to overwrite some information to the left ("tries" 
J<> because Layout redraws MOST of the interface back over it).

I don't follow you here, but it seems the stand-alone does not do this.

J<> 
J<> Just two more things to add to the list...
J<> 
J<> -- Joe

Yes, I'll send them to lito@panix and to Allen; together with another
ARexx bug I found.

Gonzalo Garramuno
[email-masked]
Buenos Aires, Argentina

.. What's another word for "Thesaurs"?
___ Offline Orbit v0.80a (Unregistered Evaluation Copy)